Date of Training: May 23, 2018
Training Time: 8:30 am - 12:30 pm
Training Cost: $100
Summary: This is a half-day training program to introduce ESRI's FREE cloud mapping application available at ArcGIS.com . No software is required to gain access to volumes of geographic data being served from RIGIS and all over the world which are easily accessible in this interface.
- Explore ready to use map services from RIGIS and others (hundreds of maps!)
- Query existing map services
- Create your own web maps using readily available data from RIGIS and other sources
- Import or create your own data and put it on a map (import: .csv, .txt, addresses, .gpx, heads-up digitizing)
- Share your web maps via e-mail, Facebook, Twitter or embed the code into your own website
Requirements: This course is intended for those interested in working with geographic data, either locally or globally but requires only a modest level of technical skill. No prior GIS knowledge is necessary!
- Become comfortable with the ArcGIS.com interface
- Learn to access the RIGIS map services
- Use tools to create layers on your web map
- Import .csv files with location data (x,y, address) on to map
- Import Shapefiles into an ArcGIS.com web map
- Learn how to share the web map via email, Facebook, Twitter or by embedding it into own website.
- Create a Map Tour application from the webmap. Similar to this one.