You will be given the opportunity to load ArcGIS 10.0 on your personal computer
to do assignments and your projects. Here are the rules for using this software.
- You are not allowed to call ESRI for support or get questions answered.
See Dr. August if you have problems.
- This runs on Microsoft XP or 7 OS's. It can run on a Mac
that has a Parallels or VM Fusion partition running Windows.
- If you have any other version of ArcGIS on your computer,
it must be uninstalled before loading ArcGIS 10
- Instructions on loading the software are:
- Read the brief note on installation from ESRI here.
- Watch the video (under installation tab here,
click in the box with the blue band at the bottom) before installing the
- Go to www.esri.com/educationedition establish a global account and
activate the software code (the number inside the DVD case). Be sure
you put URI down as your site.
- Load the software from the DVD. Install Arc/Info (Single Use) (not Arc
Editor) and "Complete Install" with all extensions.
- Select " Authorize with Esri now using the Internet."
- When you have loaded
the software, test it out to make sure it works.
- When you are certain it has
installed properly, download and install service pack 1 for ArcGIS 10.
It can be found here.